The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) was passed in 1995 (updated 1999 & 2004) to end the discrimination that many disabled people face and this website passes the WAI level 'triple A' guidelines relating to accessibility to W3C Standards. All pages on this website have been validated for HTML and CSS, as depicted by the relevant icons at the bottom of each page.Further information regarding the DDA can be found at the Disability Rights Commission and information regarding accessible websites at Making Websites Accessible.
All main web pages use similar navigation and page structure. Site specific navigation may be found under the Company name and image at the top of all main pages, examples as below
- Home - Rochester Letting home page and profile
- Properties - list of Rochester Letting town properties available
- Rural Properties - list of Rochester Lettings rural properties available
- Landlords - Rochester Lettings offer landlords a first class service
- Tenants - Also to all their tenants
- Design Service - New service from Rochester Lettings, let your property suitably 'dressed' to show off it's best features
- Investment - Sound property investment advise from Rochester Lettings, specifically to much your requirements
- Contact - contact details for Rochester Lettings
- Equal Opportunities - statement from Rochester Lettings
- Special Attractions - in Rochester and surroundings areas
- Email - email Rochester Lettings' link
- Sitemap - quick review of our website to help you find your way around
- Bookmark Us - bookmark our site and come back any time
- Recommend Us - recommend us to family and friends, be they landlords or tenants
- Webmaster - link to OnMeJack Productions' own site
Navigation for sub pages / usability issues (at the top of the page), are made up of the following;
- Graphic Mode - view the webpage with images and coloured text
- Text Only - view the webpage without images, and black text on a white background
- Change Contrast - invert the colour of the page with dark background (black) and light foreground (yellow text)
- Larger Font - increase the size of the text
- Smaller Font - decrease the size of the text
- Accessibility - this page, highlighting a few accessibility issues
- Return to Previous Page - does just that, returns the user to the previous page
- D (or d) - Long description of the image
Graphic - versus - Text Only
We have made the website available in either graphic mode, whereby images and coloured text are available, or in text only mode with black text on a white background and without images. The contrast can also be changed so that yellow text is presented on black background.
We have made the text on the website adjustable, so that it can be altered making it easier to read. We have supplied links to increase and decrease the size of the text
To adjust the text in Internet Explorer
Select the "View" menu Select the "Text Size" option from the menu. Click on the text size you want to view. or Hold down the Control (Ctrl) key and scroll the mouse wheel to increase/decrease the size of the text.
Images and Alt Tags
We have added 'Alt' tags (text alternatives) on all images, allowing for images to be switched off, or screen readers be used.
A long description has been added if necessary and can be located by the 'd' link
Access Key Information
This web page summarises accessibility enhancements made to this site and listed below are the specific access keys implemented to allow a user to navigate using the keyboard.0 - Access Keys
1 - Home Page
2 - Property Page
3 - Sitemap
4 - Search
5 - Accessibility
6 - Text Only Home Page
7 - Change Contrast
8 - Text Size Increase
9 - Text Size Decrease
r - email Rochester Lettings
d - Long description for the conformance icons
How to use Access Keys
This depends on your operating system and the type and version of your browser:
PC running Windows using Internet Explorer v5+:
Press and hold the ALT key, press the Access Key and then press ENTER.
PC running Windows using Internet Explorer v4.x:
Press and hold the ALT key, press the Access Key of your choice.
PC running Windows using Netscape v6+ or Mozilla:
Press and hold the ALT key, then press the Access Key of your choice.
Macintosh computer using Internet Explorer v5+ :
Press and hold Control and then press the Access Key.
Note that Opera and earlier versions of the above browsers do not support Access Keys.
More information about access keys can be found at W3C Accessibility Guidelines.
© Rochester Lettings 2005 All Rights Reserved